News and Updates
1. CCR is now SAM.gov! SAM.gov, or the System for Award Management, is the new federal web site to use to update your entity records, a task that you formerly did at CCR. SAM.gov will eventually combine 8 federal data systems into one central location. CCR was part of the first migration phase in July 2012. Go to www.sam.gov for more information, frequently asked questions, and SAM User Guides. (10/12)
2. Overview of Grants.gov/SAM/DUNS. The Federal government is increasingly relying on data from SAM.gov (formerly CCR) and DUNS to validate information related to grant recipients. As you know, an active registration in SAM.gov is required to submit an application, as well as receive an award and obtain funds. This brief overview will explain how each system works and what you need to do to register/maintain your various accounts. (10/12)
3. FFATA or Federal Funding Accountability & Transparency - Effective with NEA awards beginning with the number 11-, you may be required to report subaward information to the federal subaward report database www.fsrs.gov, as described in 2 CFR Part 170.
You must report each action that obligates $25,000 or more in Federal funds for a subaward to an entity.
See the "FFATA Reporting Requirements for SAAs & RAOs" section to the left. (9/12)
4. Non-profit organizations – did you know the IRS recently revoked 501(c)(3) status for more than 275,000 organizations? Check your federal tax status at IRS Exempt Organizations Select Check. The NEA may only make awards to non-profits that have current 501(c)(3) status and no delinquent debt. Not on the list? Contact the IRS. (4/12)
5. Payment Request Instruction Video: Unsure of how to complete your request for payment? Check out our new tutorial, which will walk you through the process of preparing, submitting, and tracking your payment request. (5/12)